Two Quarters


YAY!!! James and Karen and the three adorable girls have finally joined me here in Houston. Now when I come home from work there are lots of hugs and smiles! Can't beat that! I couldn't be happier, although my youngest niece, Phoebe has forgotten already that she knows me. She will laugh and smile at me if I stay a few feet away but if I venture too close, she does this yelling noise (which is sort of a barking angry war cry than a baby cry) while nervously watching her mom, willing Karen to rescue her from this odd stranger who has breached the personal bubble. It is actually terribly adorable, but I can't wait for her to let me hold her again. My other two nieces are super interested with all the stuff I brought to their house in my bedroom. Today they hovered over me as I tidied up a few things trying to do whatever they could to help out. So of course I was willing to comply and I did what any aunt would do in that situation and gave each one a quarter for helping me. Both of which were eventually stored 'safely' in Ella's penny box, after telling Nina that her dinner plate was not a good place to keep a quarter as it would not be a tasty OR nutritious addition to her dinner.

So, other than my extremely squirly 7th and 8th period classes, this weird congestion which first plagued my right nostril and now has moved on to my left, my rather uncooperative cooperating teacher, and the fact that I have to wake up at 6:00am every day... Life is good!

Oh, and here are a few pictures from my visit home to Colorado. Phoebe smiling, at her mom of course! And Ella and Nina pulling Grandad who is getting too old to walk apparently and has resorted to the slave labor of his granddaughters... Just Kidding, I love you Dad!

Comments

Jennifer said…
How Cute!! I'm so glad you moved to Texas so we could have you around for some Chinese Translations. What would we have done with out you!!
Anonymous said…
I could give you some advice in the Aunt department. You are spoiling those girls. You need to tease them like I use to tease Megan. And your Dad is old. Ha,ha.
Kathleen said…
Actually, I'm the one you should ask for Aunt advice! Fifty cents would have a bigger impact and the next time you come home be sure to have a box of animal crackers or a piece of candy for them! And your Dad is NOT old...he is just right!

Popular Posts