So in right now.



Being 'in' with all the 13 year old fashion gurus these days, I really thought I should let everyone know what is cool right now.

Teague just switched to "standardized dress" this year which means kids must wear only certain colored khaki pants and polo shirts tucked in with a belt and a mesh or see-through backpack. Right now you are picturing a mass of purple, black, gray, and white sameness. Oh, the many many loopholes you haven't thought of yet, probably because you aren't 13. Every day I am amazed at the variety of socks, shoes and laces, hair ribbons and styles, belts, necklaces, and earings.

The coolest of the cool kids can be spotted rather easily. The cool kid has his/her pants tight rolled and wears a massive belt buckle of many varieties (my favorite this week was a massive buckle in the shape of Florida that looked rather uncomfortable with all it's pointy borders and coasts!). This cool girl has her hair braided or arranged in some outrageous styles with sometimes 9 or 10 different colors of ribbon on the top like an extravagant gift bow. The cool boy sags his pants as low as humanly possible while maintainig the tucked in shirt regulation, often coming untucked in sitting position. The cool girls wear different hoops in each ear, both large enough for small dogs to jump through and arms full of noisy 'bangles'. The cool kid layers two and three polos at a time. The cool girl wears outrageous socks, sometimes with tassels or yarn balls on the sides.



...until next time on Style Watch: 8th Grade!!!

Comments

Alona said…
Wow! I'm now realizing how "uncool" I am!
Laura said…
Kirstie, I love you. That post made me miss the old Two Good Things where you would write hilarious things like that all the time. It also brought back memories of middle school for me. I totally would have been that hair ribbon girl. Mmmm hmmmm!
I love it. Maybe I'll try layering my polos. I have a teal one that might layer nicely with a lavender one. One question, how would i wear the collar? One up one down? LOL - great post

Popular Posts