School.

Sometimes I feel like my life is absorbed with school. I teach school, I go to school. I plan lessons, I write papers. I grade, I sit in my 4-hour long class. You might think that this life becomes tedious, exhausting, even dull. Some days, you would be right. But other days you would be totally wrong.


Example 1: What could be more hilarious than watching unmotivated teenagers make an epic Civil War film. Two weeks of kids pretending to fight using brown rolled up paper as guns and reenacting the assassination of Abraham Lincoln as John Wilkes Booth makes her getaway limping through the halls of the school. Not to mention the attempted Southern accents; try Southern Russia Justin.

Example 2: What is the government program designed to help former slaves get started with a new life after the Civil War?
correct answer: 'forty acres and a mule"
my student's response: 'forty acres and two whales"

Example 3: What do you call a craftsman that works with stone?
correct answer: a mason
my student's answer: a stoner

dull? I think not

Comments

Rachel said…
HILARIOUS!! A stoner????
Yeah - there are a lot of stoners that work down at that stone laying place man!

Popular Posts