Lago de Atitlan




So we took a quick trip on Saturday to Lake Atitlan here.. it was very beautiful, and a much needed diversion! I´ve been running around busy for so long all this free time is hard to get used to.

A few girls from school and I booked a day trip with one of the many travel agencies here and left about 8:30 in the morning and drove 2 1\2 hours on one of the curviest roads i´ve every been on to get to the Lake. We made a deal with some guy on the street to take us to two of the mayan villiages around the lake on a boat tour and jumped on the Fabiola for fun ride across the lake.










































These are my friends from school and travel buddies!














This is another shot of the house i live in. It is an outdoor\indoor house which I really enjoy.





Our pets.

Comments

Rachel said…
FUN! I am jealous. However, I can't believe you went to Lake Atitlan and didn't stay at the Casa del Mundo! You are crazy! You'll have to go back for an overnight! You can also just take a city bus for much cheaper than the tour buses. I think it's just a couple of dollars, and it leaves every morning early. Ask the locals around Antigua, and they will be able to tell you where and when.
Laura said…
I love that place. And your house looks adorable! I second Rachel. Go the cheap way and then you can splurge on a casa del mundo smoothie! MMmmmm . . . I want that.
Laura said…
P.S. Do you have a lonely planet Central America book? Their bus info is quite reliable.
Alona said…
I Love, Love, Love that second picture! It's so beautiful there!
Jennifer said…
LOOKS like so much Fun! So jealous!

Popular Posts