Things that have happened since last time I posted.

1. My brother, his wonderful family and I piled all their stuff in a Penske truck (with some much appreciated help) and drove up to Colorado, where I searched long and hard for a dress to wear to my mom's wedding in June, slept in, then bravely parted with three of the cutest little girls on the planet, a loving brother, and an amazing sister-in-law. BOO!

2. I traveled to Utah in a nearly empty plane sitting in a middle seat... what was I thinking?! While in town I saw some (not nearly all) of my sorely missed family and friends and enjoyed every early morning and late night minute of it. I also wowed some people at the BYU Teacher Fair in hopes of recieving scores of job offers to chose from next year. With any luck I'll have made my decision about next year in the next month or so.. by luck I mean good job offers or no offers at all.

3. I returned to Texas feeling rather sorry for myself, having basically been deserted in this big ol' state alone. Eggageration? Yes, clearly. But it felt that way as I was flying (middle seat again) back to Texas.
4. I didn't have much time to worry about it though since I had four hours between getting home and picking up my little sister from the airport to unpack and set up my room as best I could. Don't worry, I also had two fine men to keep me company as I unpacked. In fact these guys are the ones who lived in my room before I got there.

5. My sister arrived in Texas. We mixed up her stuff with my stuff in my rather jumbled up room. She challenged my classes to a history quiz and beat all but one of my classes, that one she tied. She rocks. We saw a movie and spent an hour downtown getting our hair messed up and looking for the underground tunnels which ended up being just like hallways.. not cool, circular-shaped caverns like I was hoping. Too bad.
6. I bit the bullet and went back to work even though I really didn't want to. The end of Spring Break is a harsh reality I wasn't really ready to face. I had a good day with my terror of a 7th grade class, then a bad one, then a worse one (maybe the worst ever), then another pretty good one.

7. I finally got my room put together (with much thanks and gratitude to my roommate Jen for lending me her amazing bed and lovely dresser, and also much thanks to Alona and Susannah for the help and patience with me getting settled). Martha Stewart would be especially proud of our ping-pong-table-made-wall-then-beautified move. I've played some guitar, rested, almost stepped on a frog while jogging, and started to feel much more at home in my new home.

Things that didn't happen since last time I posted:

1. I did not clean my car like I should've

2. I did not make it out of Utah without leaving things behind, as usual.

3. I did not get to see many people that I wanted to in Colorado and Utah and didn't spend as much time as I would've liked with those I did see

4. I didn't miss the humidity while I was gone even though my lips hurt real bad and my nose bled a little
5. And I didn't wear the high heels I bought to school yet... but I'm working up the courage for next week. Wish me luck.

Comments

Annie said…
Sounds like a great spring break! Glad to know you are doing well. Do you know how happy that would make me if you really came back to Utah next year to teach? Don't be afraid to wear those heels to school in style!
P.S. I just started a blog at annieandersonblog.blogspot.com. You're the best!
Alona said…
We're glad you're back in Texas at least for a while!
wileywoman said…
Go for the heels, Kirst! Be a WOMAN (he he). We miss you! I loved the "men" livining in your room before you comment...I didn't get it at first (in spite of all the pictures). Can't wait until June when we can see you again!
Great post! For some reason my list didn't tell me that you had updated . . . so this is belated. But guess what? I CANNOT wait to see you (and Kat). Bring your chapstick!
Jennifer said…
I'm amazed at how well the room turned out actually. glad you got to use the furniture. I miss your guitar playing though. Come back!:)

Popular Posts