How was your first day?

Yesterday as I was leaving school, several people excitedly asked me, "How was your first day?!" First day of what? would be my first thought in reaction to these comments. But soon enough it dawned on me that these people were all asking how my first day as a bonafide, certified teacher had gone. The reason I didn't register their meaning was that I spent my first day as a bonafide, certified teacher doing the same thing, teaching the same kids in the same classroom, that I have been doing since August when I got to Texas. The only difference, I realized later, is that I got paid for that day. So with a smile on my face, I am happy to report that my first day was GREAT!

Comments

Whooo - Hooo! Hurray for doing the same ol same thing and getting paid for it. What a scheme :)
Jennifer said…
Happy Day! I love pay checks!!!!

Popular Posts