Camping!!!


This last weekend I went on a little camping excursion with some girls in my ward. I didn't realize how much I miss being outdoors until I went back out for a while. I simply love being outside. And, thankfully, I live in a place that allows for rather enjoyable camping weather in January! Of course we did the typical things... setting up tents, worked on amazing tin foil dinners, made the fire as big as possible then sat around staring at it for hours, and we can't leave out the snuggling up close to keep warm element.. essential for any good camping trip in my opinion. Even though it wasn't snowy, it still got cold at night. My friend Alona and I shared a two-man tent and squished onto her twin size air mattress and both woke up warm and toasty.
Then there were the unique moments of this particular trip... like, for example, the armadillo spotting we had. This was my first time ever to see an armadillo so I was pretty excited.. as any of the girls in attendance could tell you! That's what we're doing in that picture where we are standing on the tree.
There was also the machete.. being held menacingly here by Jule.. but don't worry, she didn't hold it like that the whole campout.
But over all, the campout was a much needed, relaxing break from the rest of my life. Who needs movies, computers, phones, video games when you can just go outside and build a fire, or go for a bike ride, or play full contact frisbee keepaway. There is no equal to the great outdoors!

Comments

Sara Lee said…
wait till you run over one with your car.
Hannah said…
I threw a road kill one on somebody's doorstep once as a prank. I don't reccommend it, though. It was a lot bloodier than I expected! Did you wake up with wet ears? I hate camping in Texas for that reason!
Kathleen said…
Camping in Texas...I've done that. Be glad it was January when the bugs not out partying all night! It looks like it was a good time had for all.
Cameron said…
Man, that looks like a ton of fun! I was just out camping last weekend myself! You should check out our trip pics at troop1507.blogspot.com. It's kind of crazy to think that you are a quarter of a century old! It's easy to think of younger siblings as always being a lot younger, but we're pretty much the same age now! You are a wise girl and a great sister! Love you!
Cam
Lisa Thomas said…
Kirsten, of course you would go camping. It's your style! I'm so glad you have found good friends who like the same things you do. And just think---as the seasons move along there will be even more outdoor things you can enjoy doing.

We still have snow on the ground here, but in time it will all melt--I'm ready for it. And I'm ready for a visit from you! The sooner the better! XO Gram p.s. This says it is from Thomases, but it really is from Gram I don't know how to change it.
Alona said…
Great pictures, Kirsten! :) That was so much fun! We need to do it again . . . SOON!
Joetta Toland said…
Your camping looks beautiful... an armadillo in the wild... wow! How fun. They make em big in Texas..

Popular Posts