The Hogar..
















My last week before coming home was spent next door in El Salvador with my friend Rachel, her husband, Ryan, and his two siblings. We stayed at the Hogar del Nino Vito Guarato, an orphanage for people with disabilities. It was an experience I'll never forget and hope to repeat someday!

For me it was a week of...

1. FUN: planning scavenger hunts, movie nights, and surprises with the kids. Exploring a little of San Salvador. Watching them try to "destroy Voldemort" with water balloons, blowing bubbles, singing, laughing, and running... everything we did with the kids was fun!

2. FRIENDS: Being with old friends like Rachel and Ryan is always a treat, but especially to meet in El Sal and get to be part of something that has been such a big part of their lives for so long was a real bonding experience- not to mention the new friends I made there as well!

3. LOVE: You can't help but fall in love with these sweet kids who give love so freely. Watching them love each other and taking care of each other was really touching for me. Just watching their faces light up as you walk down the stairs to come play or walk around the corner is such a treat. Unforgettable.

Comments

Rachel said…
I'm so glad you came, Kirst!
Laura said…
I'm jealous. Maybe we will go down at the same time sometime. :) I can hope . . . .
Susannah said…
Awesome pics. I love the close-ups

Popular Posts