Good News.





Some good news from Guatemala.

1. A knock-off version of one of my favorite resaurants in Colorado opened in Antigua about 15 days ago.. just in time for me to taste it and offer my professional opinion of the place.

my professional opinion: not that great. But noble effort.

2. My spanish is improving.. at least I have to assume so since at church on Sunday I actually was able to understand most of the talks and on my first Sunday I basically only knew what subject they were talking about. Que bueno! Not to mention that I made my first comment in Relief Society. I memorized the 8th article of faith on the fly in spanish to share with the class.. They loved it. And I did too.

3. Today instead of sitting at school for my lesson, my teacher and I took a field trip to her small little village just outside of Antigua. She basically lives with her parents in the central park of the city right next door to her uncles. She is a pretty short woman and now I know why.. She wouldn't even let me take a picture of us standing up, she had to jump on the counter of her kitchen to try and measure up. She is the best. I think I may have been a rare sight in her city too because while we were walking around everyone in the city basically came to say hi. It was the best field trip ever.

4. This weekend is the fiesta of Antigua and as a result there will be parades, a fair, lots of concerts and music, and best of all, FIREWORKS!!! I can't wait. It is going to be awesome!

5. The cold I´ve been fighting for a week or so is almost surely not swine flu. ;) Don´t worry mom.. I´m fine!

Comments

Laura said…
Your teacher looks like such a cutie! Sounds amazing friendie.
Jenny said…
HEY CHIPOTLE!! HOpe you're having a great time!
Susannah said…
Did you get a chicken soft taco? Congrats on the RS comment!!!
Matt said…
so are you going to name this blog before you leave guate? :)
Annie said…
Hate to brag, but I ate at the real Chipotle the other day. It was delicious. Wish you could have been there to eat with me. Love hearing your adventures!
Annie said…
Hate to brag but I did get to eat at the real Chipotle the other day. Yumm! Love hearing about your adventures.
Molly said…
Kirsten! When are we watching SYTYCD???? I'm ready when you are!

Popular Posts